1. Beaute Basics Sahara Gold Chubby Eyeshadow Pencil ($19.99) I had high hopes for this eyeshadow pencil, but can't say I'm impressed with it overall. While I loved the gold color and it's subtle shimmer, it took several coats to fully cover my lid and I needed a touch up after just a few hours.
2. Feeling Beautiful Face Masks ($1.99 each) This four-pack included:
- 1 Honeydew & Chamomile Sleeping Mask
- 1 Sweet Tea & Lemon Peel-Away Clay Mask
- 1 Sparkling Pear Pore Cleansing Mask
- 1 Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask
I really enjoyed receiving these face masks in my Ipsy bag because they addressed a variety of skin issues. The Sparkling Pear mask left my skin feeling really refreshed, while the Honeydew & Chamomile Sleeping Mask made my skin feel super soft. Peeling off the clay mask was a little weird to me, but I'm sure it just takes getting used to.
3. SLMissGlam Boutique Blusher Brush ($15.50) This is the first tool that I havve ever received from Ipsy! I like the brush's soft, synthetic hairs and thought they did a nice job of adding a small amount of blush, highlighter or bronzer to my cheekbones. However, this brush is too soft for all over blending.
4. Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Mascara ($20) I think I've become spoiled when it comes to mascara. Not because of an expensive brand but rather because I expect my brush to do the work for me. My favorite mascaras are ones that define my lashes while adding length. Sadly, the Full Exposure brush did very little to my lashes even after using my eyelash curler. I didn't experience the "maximum-impact, scene-stealing lashes" promised in the product description.
5. Skin Inc Pure Revival Peel ($55) I was doubtful of this peel's power before I put it on my face. I wasn't sure if the clear gel could help me wash away the dead skin, but after sitting on my skin for a few seconds, the peel brought out my new, bright skin! I would highly recommend this product to those who are looking for a good exfoliante but are worried about skin sensitivity.