I felt like a star in my latest Ipsy products and Miu Miu sunglasses. Check out my review of the six products I received in April:
1. Starlooks Luxe Longwear Eye Pencil in Jet: ($16) This eyeliner has a high-pigment formula that will line your lashes with a true "jet" black, while gliding across your skin with ease. However, I wish the pen provided a sharper line. I struggled to draw my usual wings.
2. Novex Argan Oil Extra Deep Hair Care Cream: ($16) I was excited to try this product because I'm always down to show my hair a little extra love. I followed the directions by shampooing my hair and then massaging the hair cream from root to ends. Then I noticed it said I had to leave it on for 15 minutes! I ended up only leaving it on for about 10, so that may be why I didn't see huge results. I was expecting my hair to feel soft and shiny, but it seemed pretty normal. Almost like I hadn't use the cream at all.
3. tarte cosmetics LipSurgence™ lip crème in wonder: ($24) While I enjoyed how this product felt on my lips, the way it looked left something to be desired. But I would be curious to try the LipSurgence in a different shade.
4. Trust Fund Beauty That Glo Tho Face Highlighter: ($20) It seems like highlighting is one of the biggest trends in beauty right now so this couldn't have come at a better time. I was so excited to try it because I've loved everything from Trust Fund Beauty product that ipsy has sent me. Their "That Glo Tho" highlighter added a subtle hint of sparkle, while providing a small amount of bronze coloring to help it blend into my contour. I'll definitely be using this product through the summer!
5. Crown Brush C427 Duo Fiber Blush Brush: ($10) This is a great blush brush! The brush hairs holds their shape, while still feeling soft on the face. I used it to quickly guide my bronzer into the hollows of my cheekbones, but their website says it is also great for your fave foundation, blush, or highlighter.
6. Leaders Cosmetics USA Moisturizing Recovery Mask: ($7) Despite their increasing popularity, I had never tried a mask like this before. After reading the instructions a few times I delicately placed the mask around my eyes, over my nose and around the sides of my face. After 15 minutes I took the mask off and let the rest of the serum soak in. While I wouldn't say my skin felt super soft, but it did feel rejuvenated and firm.